Nedum Onuoha early blow for Roberto Mancini
Nedum Onuoha has intensified Roberto Mancini's immediate concerns about Manchester City's injury list by being ruled out for up to four weeks.
Mancini's first game in charge is against Stoke on Boxing Day and he is without two defenders in Joleon Lescott, who has just had minor knee surgery, and Onuoha, who has a calf muscle strain. Shaun Wright-Phillips and Emmanuel Adebayor may also be missing for the home match.
Mancini is expected to spend big in the transfer window but said at his introductory press conference yesterday: "The only problems I have are not who we might buy in January, but that we have too many injuries."
Latest in Sport
A tight game could be in prospect here. Northampton have been keeping things very tight of late and ...
by Gareth Purnell
18 May 2013 02:01 AM
I can’t ever watch games of football or rugby without wistfully wondering what it must be like to be...
by Martin Ayres
16 May 2013 05:10 PM
Since PSG’s exit to Barcelona in the Uefa Champions League quarter-final in April, PSG have been sur...
by Matthew Riding
15 May 2013 02:37 PM
- 1 Heading for America? Prepare for the longest US immigration queues ever
- 2 Notes from a small island: Is Sealand an independent 'micronation' or an illegal fortress?
- 3 You thought Ryanair's attendants had it bad? Wait 'til you hear about their pilots
- 4 'Swivel-gate': David Cameron goes to war with the press over 'swivel-eyed loons' slur
- 5 It’s official: thanks to Stephen Hawking's Israel boycott, anti-Semitism is no more
BMF is the UK’s biggest and best loved outdoor fitness classes
Win anything from gadgets to five-star holidays on our competitions and offers page.