Nedum Onuoha early blow for Roberto Mancini
Tuesday 22 December 2009
Nedum Onuoha has intensified Roberto Mancini's immediate concerns about Manchester City's injury list by being ruled out for up to four weeks.
Mancini's first game in charge is against Stoke on Boxing Day and he is without two defenders in Joleon Lescott, who has just had minor knee surgery, and Onuoha, who has a calf muscle strain. Shaun Wright-Phillips and Emmanuel Adebayor may also be missing for the home match.
Mancini is expected to spend big in the transfer window but said at his introductory press conference yesterday: "The only problems I have are not who we might buy in January, but that we have too many injuries."
X Factor judge will appear in court later this month
The Google future, including microphones in every ceiling and data sent directly to your brain
Latest in Sport
Comment: David Moyes paying the price of Manchester United's virtual abstinence from top-level transfers since 2006. Can he refire their ambition?
Roy Keane omits Paul Scholes, Gary Neville and Ryan Giggs from 'greatest' Manchester United team
Transfer news: Manchester United will not be forced into panic buys, says David Moyes
Ashes 2013-14 match report: Alastair Cook future in jeopardy after another woeful display sees England lose to Australia by 218 runs to go down 2-0
Manchester United player ratings: The best (and worst) performers for David Moyes during the season so far
- 1 Gurdwaras-turned-food banks: Sikh temples are catering for rise in Britain’s hungry
- 2 Council bans use of word ‘Commie’ – but ‘fascist’ and ‘Nazi’ are fine
- 3 The poorest pay the price for austerity: Workers face biggest fall in living standards since Victorian era
- 4 Newly vegan Beyoncé wears fox fur to dine in meat free restaurant
- 5 'I'm experiencing austerity as well', says Princess Michael of Kent