Neville Southall: Dropping Joe Hart the 'wrong decision'
In conjunction with BT Sport's Life's A Pitch, we puts questions from readers of The Independent to the former Everton goalkeeper
Ahead of tomorrow's Merseyside derby, former Everton goalkeeper Neville Southall has taken questions from readers of The Independent.
The Welshman reveals the best Liverpool striker he faced and offers his thoughts on the impact on Everton if Leighton Baines were to leave the club.
He also discusses Joe Hart, saying Manuel Pellegrini has made the wrong decision in dropping the England number one.
Watch the interview by clicking the play button above.
Join sports broadcaster Des Kelly as he hosts Life’s a Pitch Monday to Thursday at 10pm on BT Sport 1.
Neville Southall during his playing days
Sales of the tablet are set to fall again, say analysts
I Am Bread could actually be a challenging and nuanced title
Footage shot by a passerby shows moment an ill man was carried out of his burning home
Peter Biaksangzuala died from his injuries in hospital on Sunday
Latest in Sport
'Adel Taarabt is about three stone overweight. I can't pick him' - Harry Redknapp
Indian footballer Peter Biaksangzuala dies after injuring spine doing somersault celebration
QPR vs Liverpool match report: Liverpool snatch victory in seven late minutes of madness
West Ham manager Sam Allardyce calm over lack of new contract
QPR vs Liverpool player ratings: Who was the star man? And did Mario Balotelli emerge with any credit?
- 1 Ebola outbreak: What is bushmeat – and is it to blame for the disease that has killed thousands?
- 2 Star Wars memorabilia called a 'bit of plastic' on Antiques Roadshow by Fiona Bruce valued at £50,000
- 3 Drink alcohol and eat meat to improve male fertility - but cut down on coffee, studies suggest
- 4 Russell Brand might seem like a sexy revolutionary worth getting behind, but he will only fail his fans
- 5 Kentucky gang rape: 15-year-old boy left in critical condition after sexual attack by group at party
Cameron is warned 'no possibility' of UK reducing immigration and that bid to bring in quota on migrant workers would be illegal
Sorry Judy Finnigan – Ched Evans is no less sickening than an alleyway rapist
Residents should throw a street party and mix with immigrant neighbours, councils told
Workers 'could be forced to pay £5 a week' to get benefits
Russell Brand threatened with arrest after filming outside Fox News headquarters
Amal Alamuddin calls for the return of the Elgin Marbles from Britain: 'Injustice has persisted for too long'