Newcastle striker Demba Ba has been banned from driving for six months after he was caught speeding on two occasions.
The Senegal international was handed the ban by South East Northumberland Magistrates Court after failing to provide details to the police of who was driving his car when it was twice caught speeding, court officials said.
The 27-year-old had failed to attend court at two previous hearings as well as the sentencing without providing a reason.
Northumbria Police wrote to Ba in November last year asking him to confirm who was driving his car and he was given until December 13 to provide the information.
But he failed to do so and was charged with failing to supply driver information.
He was originally given six penalty points, fined £1,000 and told to pay £85 costs and a £15 victim surcharge but it was then realised that he already had six points on his licence and the case was reopened.
Ba was written to asking him to attend court on August 1 but he failed to appear again.
This meant last Thursday the court banned him from driving for six months and re-imposed the original penalty, fine and costs and Ba was given 14 days to pay.
Newcastle United declined to comment on the case.