Nolan to return for Newcastle
Friday 22 April 2011
Newcastle skipper Kevin Nolan will return from suspension for tomorrow's Barclays Premier League trip to Blackpool.
The midfielder has missed the last two games after reaching 10 bookings for the campaign, but could partner Cheick Tiote once again after the Ivory Coast international returned from a similar lay-off against Manchester United in midweek.
However, Tim Krul will deputise once again for keeper Steve Harper, who may need an minor operation on his knee, while midfielder Danny Guthrie will miss out with a shin problem.
French winger Hatem Ben Arfa is on target to be involved in the final three games of the campaign, but Leon Best (ankle), Dan Gosling (knee) and Alan Smith (ankle) remain on the sidelines.
Provisional squad (from): Krul, Sodeberg, Simpson, Ferguson, Enrique, Coloccini, Williamson, S. Taylor, R. Taylor, Perch, Tiote, Barton, Gutierrez, Nolan, Ireland, Vuckic, Tavernier, Richardson, Lovenkrands, Ameobi, Ranger, Kuqi.
Latest in Sport
- 1 David Cameron refers to 83-year-old Labour MP Dennis Skinner as 'Jurassic Park'
- 2 iPhone 7 (or iPhone 6S) leaked pictures show similarities to older model — but Apple is fixing the biggest issue of all
- 3 Russell Brand condemns moment of silence for Tunisia attack victims as 'minute of bulls**t'
- 4 'Help me I'm trapped in a factory' messages keep being found on bottles of vitamin water
- 5 Alwaleed bin Talal: Saudi Prince to donate entire $32bn fortune to charity
Greece crisis: IMF was pushed around by Angela Merkel and Nicholas Sarkozy – and now it is being humiliated
'I wish the BBC would stop calling it Islamic State' – David Cameron unleashes frustration at broadcaster
Greece crisis: The wider lesson is that it’s time to abandon this failed experiment in currencies
Forget little green men – aliens will look like humans, says Cambridge University evolution expert
Girl, 7, stares down hate preacher at Ohio festival with pro-LGBT rainbow flag gesture
They are neither a 'state' nor 'Islamic': Why we shouldn't call them Isis, Isil or IS