Rafael Benitez and the managers fans loved to hate
Chelsea's interim manager is not the first to face an uphill struggle to win over the fans
Rafael Benitez was greeted with an extraordinarily hostile reception from Chelsea fans when he took charge of his first match at the weekend.
Booed and heckled throughout, it would seem the Spaniard will have to get used to it with Chelsea supporters groups insisting it will continue as long as he remains in charge.
While it's unusual to be the target of the boo boys before even taking charge of a match, many managers have faced an uphill task to prove the doubters wrong.
Here, we profile some unpopular managers - and see how it all worked out...
Click here or click 'VIEW GALLERY' to launch our guide.
Latest in Sport
- 1 Edward Heath 'raped 12 year-old boy at Mayfair flat'
- 2 London is the most googled city in the world
- 3 Porn block in India: hundreds of sexual websites banned, internet outraged
- 4 Giant Minion terrorises drivers in Ireland as 40ft inflatable blocks traffic on Dublin road
- 5 Richard Dawkins ridicules Sabrina Corgatelli for claiming her giraffe kill was 'ethical'
Is Britain really full up? Are migrants taking our jobs? Leading academic answers the most common anti-immigration claims
Calais Migrant Crisis: Deputy Mayor of Calais labels Cameron's use of 'swarm' as 'racist' and 'ignorant'
Chris Leslie: Jeremy Corbyn's anti-austerity agenda will harm the poor, says Labour shadow Chancellor
Landlords renting properties to illegal immigrants to face up to five years in prison
While we fixate on Calais, the Home Office is quietly deporting dozens of migrants on 'ghost flights'
Labour leadership race: Jeremy Corbyn could be the next Prime Minister, says Ken Clarke