Robbie Fowler joins team in Thailand
Friday 08 July 2011
Former England and Liverpool forward Robbie Fowler has joined Muangthong United and will be formally unveiled on Sunday, the Thai Premier League (TPL) club said in a statement today.
Fowler will have his medical on Saturday before the 36-year-old striker completes his surprise move to the Thai club, having quit A-League team Perth Glory in June saying he did not want to uproot his young family again for another season in Australia.
He would be officially unveiled as a Muangthong player at the club's stadium on Sunday, deputy chairman Wiluck Lohtong was quoted as saying on the club website (www.mtutd.tv).
Club officials could not be reached for further details about Fowler's contract.
According to a local media report, Fowler would be the seventh foreign recruit of the side, who won back-to-back titles in 2009 and 2010.
Latest in Sport
- 1 This 'woman calls police to order pizza' story isn't going where you're expecting
- 2 Axe wielding man shot dead after attacking four New York policemen on busy street
- 3 Watch what happened when food critics were unknowingly served McDonald's
- 4 Jimmy Carr's Oscar Pistorius joke goes a bit too far at the Q Awards
- 5 Ottawa shootings: Bruce MacKinnon's cartoon is the perfect tribute to soldier Nathan Cirillo
Of course, teenage girls need role models – but not like beauty vlogger Zoella
Cameron is warned 'no possibility' of UK reducing immigration and that bid to bring in quota on migrant workers would be illegal
Support for EU membership 'at highest level since 1991' with most Brits wanting to stay 'in'
Thousands with degenerative conditions classified as 'fit to work in future' – despite no possibility of improvement
Attacks on 'Ukip Calypso' show how skewed people’s priorities are
Poppy Appeal 2014: This is why I won't be wearing a red poppy this year