Robin van Persie: his crucial Manchester United goals
Dutchman is proving to be worth every penny of his £24m fee
Since Robin Van Persie's £24m transfer from Arsenal in the summer, the Dutch striker has proved to be as crucial to Manchester United as he was to the Gunners last season.
This weekend he will lead the line against Liverpool at Old Trafford for the first time, looking to inscribe another chapter in what is becoming a fairy tale debut season for the Red Devils.
Having bagged the decisive goal against United's great rivals in the reverse fixture earlier in the season, we examine that and the rest of the critical goals Van Persie has scored this term...
Click here or click 'VIEW GALLERY' to launch our guide.
Latest in Sport
Monaco is a street circuit where driver ability is more important than anywhere else and if we take ...
by Gareth Purnell
24 May 2013 02:00 AM
Three weeks ago as I drove off the Eurostar, I remember thinking what a very long time it was until ...
by Martin Ayres
23 May 2013 05:29 PM
McDowell did brilliantly to land the World Match Play title in Bulgaria last week, but it’s a format...
by Gareth Purnell
23 May 2013 09:13 AM
- 1 Man and woman arrested on suspicion of conspiracy to murder victim of Woolwich machete attack, named as Drummer Lee Rigby
- 2 'Sickening, deluded and unforgivable': Horrific attack brings terror to London’s streets
- 3 Grace Dent: I’m not sure how these people can avoid being called ‘bigots’. And the more ‘civilised’, the worse they are
- 4 Woolwich murder: They killed, then they performed - these men should be starved of our attention
- 5 Woolwich attack: The EDL will seek to exploit this evil crime for their own evil ends
BMF is the UK’s biggest and best loved outdoor fitness classes
Get the latest on The Evening Standard's campaign to get London's children reading.
Win anything from gadgets to five-star holidays on our competitions and offers page.