Sky Sports plan for life after Richard Keys and Andy Gray
Tuesday 01 February 2011
David Jones will present Sky Sports' Super Sunday coverage this weekend, the first such programme since the departure of usual presenters Richard Keys and Andy Gray.
Jones stood in for Keys for last week's Monday night match between Bolton and Chelsea after Keys and Gray were stood down following sexist comments made off-air about assistant referee Sian Massey and West Ham vice-chairman Karren Brady on Saturday, January 22.
Gray was subsequently sacked by Sky, with Keys resigning a day later.
Jones will be joined in the studio on Sunday by regular Sky analysts Jamie Redknapp and Ray Wilkins.
Sky are keen to stress that presenting duties will, for now, be decided on a game-by-game basis but the move clearly indicates how well thought of Jones is and can only enhance his prospects of replacing Keys full-time.
Jones will also present coverage of the West Brom v Wigan match this evening, where the punditry will be provided by former Baggies favourite Cyrille Regis and ex-Wigan defender Arjan de Zeeuw.
Ed Chamberlin will head up Wednesday night's programme from Craven Cottage, where Fulham host Newcastle. Chris Coleman - who played for and managed the Cottagers - and former Newcastle and Fulham midfielder Lee Clark will be the match pundits.
Latest in Sport
Manchester United's best XI of the season so far: No place for Angel Di Maria or Juan Mata
Hector Bellerin opens up on switch from Barcelona to Arsenal
WrestleMania 31 results: Seth Rollins stuns WWE as he cashes in Money in the Bank contract to claim title from Brock Lesnar
WrestleMania 31: What time does it start? Full match card and preview ahead of WWE event
WrestleMania 31: Undertaker begins a new streak after tombstoning Bray Wyatt
- 1 Germanwings plane crash: Video shows co-pilot Andreas Lubitz learning to fly as a teenager
- 2 Germanwings crash: Captain of doomed plane was only 'on board because he changed job to spend more time with his children'
- 3 Ohio Democrat Teresa Fedor speaks out during abortion debate to reveal she has been raped – and is interrupted by laughter from Republicans
- 4 Germanwings plane crash: Transcript reveals passengers 'screamed for over five minutes' before plane crashed into mountain
- 5 Germanwings crash: 'Andreas Lubitz planned to marry pregnant girlfriend', claims German report
Ukip supporters are 55 or older, white and socially conservative, finds British Social Attitudes Report
Street preacher quoting from the Bible fined for calling homosexuality an 'abomination'
Jeremy Clarkson sacked live: Alan Yentob 'wouldn't rule out' ex Top Gear host's BBC return
Woman filmed launching racist tirade against men on the Tube for speaking in 'own lingo'
The West has it totally wrong on Lee Kuan Yew
David Cameron calls Labour 'hopeless, sneering socialists' while announcing 7-day NHS plans