Steven Gerrard: A career in pictures ahead of 100th England cap
A look at some of the player’s finest moments for club and country
Monday 12 November 2012
Steven Gerrard is expected to earn his 100th England cap in Wednesday's friendly against Sweden.
He made his international debut in a 2-0 win against Ukraine on 31 May 2000 at Wembley, starting in a five-man midfield named by manager Kevin Keegan. The game also marked Alan Shearer's last at Wembley.
Gerrard will join such illustrious company as Peter Shilton, David Beckham, Bobby Moore and Bobby Charlton, and will become only the sixth player to join this exclusive club.
Here we take a look at some of the player’s finest moments for club and country.
Latest in Sport
Newcaslte vs Everton: Latest news and score plus the rest of today's Premier League action, including Manchester United and Chelsea reaction
Arsenal transfer news: William Carvalho to be subject of £20m bid
West Ham 1 Arsenal 2 player ratings: Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain? Andy Carroll? Alexis Sanchez? Who was the star man?
Manchester United defender Luke Shaw renting £3.85m home from Cristiano Ronaldo
Liverpool transfer news: Mario Balotelli’s going nowhere and we don’t want striker
- 1 President of Argentina adopts Jewish godson to 'stop him turning into a werewolf'
- 2 The 'Black Museum': After 150 years, public set to see exhibits from police’s grisly crime museum
- 3 Stoke-on-Trent becomes first British city to be classified as 'disaster resilient' by the United Nations
- 4 Sir Winston Churchill’s family begged him not to convert to Islam, letter reveals
- 5 UK weather: 'Coldest night of the year' tonight as freezing temperatures plummet to -10C
Millions of Britons struggling to feed themselves and facing malnourishment
British actor Idris Elba cannot star as James Bond because he is black, says shock jock Rush Limbaugh
Ukip member gets into Christmas spirit with Union Flag plea to Santa 'for our country back'
Germany anti-Islam protests: 17,000 march on Dresden against 'Islamification of the West'
Nigel Farage: Ukip leader named 'Briton of the year' by The Times
Immigrants make UK racist, says Ukip councillor Trevor Shonk