Steven Gerrard: A career in pictures ahead of 100th England cap
A look at some of the player’s finest moments for club and country
Monday 12 November 2012
Steven Gerrard is expected to earn his 100th England cap in Wednesday's friendly against Sweden.
He made his international debut in a 2-0 win against Ukraine on 31 May 2000 at Wembley, starting in a five-man midfield named by manager Kevin Keegan. The game also marked Alan Shearer's last at Wembley.
Gerrard will join such illustrious company as Peter Shilton, David Beckham, Bobby Moore and Bobby Charlton, and will become only the sixth player to join this exclusive club.
Here we take a look at some of the player’s finest moments for club and country.
Latest in Sport
- 1 Home Office says Nigerian asylum-seeker can’t be a lesbian as she’s got children
- 2 What happens to your body when you give up sugar?
- 3 Drugs Live cannabis trial: Hash is less harmful than any other drug, expert claims
- 4 Turkish Airlines flight TK 726 crash-lands on Nepal runway amid dense fog
- 5 Apple and Google users being spied on for a decade because of 'Freak' security flaw
Durham Free School: 'Creationism taught at' free school facing closure
Nearly 100,000 of Britain's poorest children go hungry after parents' benefits are cut
Ukip would cut billions from Scottish budget to fund English tax cuts
End of the licence fee: BBC to back radical overhaul of how it is funded
Ukraine crisis: Top Chinese diplomat backs Putin and says West should 'abandon zero-sum mentality'
Boris Nemtsov shot dead: Outspoken Putin critic who had expressed fears for his life is killed near the Kremlin