Sweden 5 England 0: Swedish tabloid takes swipe at Roy Hodgson's side
Ahead of tonight's Euro 2012 clash between England and Sweden, a Swedish tabloid has mocked up numerous British tabloids depicting a heavy defeat for the Three Lions.
Tabloid Aftonbladet predicts a 5-0 win for the underdogs in tonight's Group D match, and has gone to the trouble of producing mock ups of tomorrow's newspapers. The headline to the article reads: "Dear England, we give you tomorrow's newspapers today. Enjoy!"
Among the mock ups are the front page of The Sun, reporting "Smorgas-bored to death!". The Daily Mail is critical of the predicted 5-0 defeat for Roy Hodgson's side, leading with the headline: "L0-5ers!".
The Mirror has a picture of an apparently devestated Joe Hart, headlined: "Broken Hart" along with the text: "Black Friday as Sweden destroys us".
A response from the British tabloids is likely, particular if England win tonight's match. Although the Daily Mirror is wasting no time, responding with a mock article on their website which reports of a loss for the Swedes and their star striker Zlatan Ibrahimovic, with the headline: "Zlatastrof!"
Latest in Sport
- 1 End of the licence fee: BBC to back radical overhaul of how it is funded
- 2 This restaurant has misunderstood the concept of 'cheese and biscuits'
- 3 Raif Badawi, the Saudi Arabian blogger sentenced to 1,000 lashes, may now face death penalty
- 4 Delhi bus rapist blames dead victim for attack because 'girls are responsible for rape'
- 5 PornHub turns masturbation into energy in bid to save the planet
New theory could prove how life began and disprove God
This is what it's like to be dead, according to a guy who died for a bit
End of the licence fee: BBC to back radical overhaul of how it is funded
'Jihadi John': CAGE representative storms off Sky News accusing Kay Burley of Islamophobia
Ukip would cut billions from Scottish budget to fund English tax cuts
Nearly 100,000 of Britain's poorest children go hungry after parents' benefits are cut