The alternative Premier League team of the 2013/14 season - including Kolo Toure, Wilfried Zaha and Kim Kallstrom
Who gets a mention in our round-up of this season's characters
Friday 09 May 2014
What links falsely 'dead' grandmothers,The Simpsons and beach ball-driven injuries? Well it's our Alternative Premier League Team of the Season of course.
There will be no Luis Suarez or Yaya Toure here, this is an XI of some of the forgotten heroes of the campaign.
Who else remembers that Shane Long was briefly the best player in the world (but only for 10 minutes)?
The season reaches it's finale this Sunday, with free-scoring Manchester City in pole position to secure the title ahead of Liverpool, who they lead by two points going into the final round of matches.
To see the full Alternative XI, click the gallery below...
Do you agree with the team, or have we missed out a few more that deserve recognition? Leave your comments below.
The Washington Post editor helped Bob Woodward and Carl Bernstein bring down President Nixon
Children's bookseller wins The Independent's new author search
Board creates magnetic field to achieve lift
Latest in Sport
- 1 Salisbury ranked seventh-best city in the world to visit in Lonely Planet’s Best in Travel 2015
- 2 Disney announces new female-led film Moana
- 3 Banksy has not been arrested: Internet duped by fake report claiming artist's identity revealed
- 4 Kentucky gang rape: 15-year-old boy left in critical condition after sexual attack by group at party
- 5 Russell Brand threatened with arrest after filming outside Fox News headquarters
Cameron is warned 'no possibility' of UK reducing immigration and that bid to bring in quota on migrant workers would be illegal
Residents should throw a street party and mix with immigrant neighbours, councils told
Russell Brand threatened with arrest after filming outside Fox News headquarters
London bus driver 'kicks gay couple off for kissing'
Jose Manuel Barroso warns David Cameron against making 'historic mistake' over immigration reforms
Worst Airports of 2014: Poll names Islamabad airport in Pakistan worst in the world