The best transfer deals in Premier League history
Tuesday 09 November 2010
The signing of Ole Gunnar Solskjaer is recognised as one of the shrewdest pieces of business in Sir Alex Ferguson's entire time as United boss. The £1.5million move looks like the type of deal that will be pursued this January as managers look for bargains in another potentially quiet transfer window.
The days of splashing the cash are over for Premier League clubs as breaking-even becomes a priority in the near future.
Here's the best of the Premier League transfers that worked.
Latest in Sport
- 1 David Cameron refers to 83-year-old Labour MP Dennis Skinner as 'Jurassic Park'
- 2 iPhone 7 (or iPhone 6S) leaked pictures show similarities to older model — but Apple is fixing the biggest issue of all
- 3 Russell Brand condemns moment of silence for Tunisia attack victims as 'minute of bulls**t'
- 4 'Help me I'm trapped in a factory' messages keep being found on bottles of vitamin water
- 5 Alwaleed bin Talal: Saudi Prince to donate entire $32bn fortune to charity
Greece crisis: IMF was pushed around by Angela Merkel and Nicholas Sarkozy – and now it is being humiliated
'I wish the BBC would stop calling it Islamic State' – David Cameron unleashes frustration at broadcaster
Greece crisis: The wider lesson is that it’s time to abandon this failed experiment in currencies
Forget little green men – aliens will look like humans, says Cambridge University evolution expert
Girl, 7, stares down hate preacher at Ohio festival with pro-LGBT rainbow flag gesture
They are neither a 'state' nor 'Islamic': Why we shouldn't call them Isis, Isil or IS