The ten best World Cup shocks
Friday 16 October 2009
There have been some surprises already during the qualification process for the 2010 World Cup.
England were actually very good, Argentina almost didn't make it, while Portugal and France's participation is still in the balance. Meanwhile the 2010 World Cup will see appearances from unlikely contenders Bosnia-Herzagova and Korea DPR.
When the action gets underway in South Africa there are bound to be some shocks and upsets, and as this guide proves - the World Cup is guaranteed to be full of surprises.
Geoffrey Macnab does not like the comedian's big screen debut
Look beyond the usual shows for the best festive telly
The battle for control of Stieg Larsson's £30m legacy
Latest in Sport
Tim Sherwood challenges Daniel Levy to set out vision for Tottenham Hotspur’s future
The worst owner in football? Vincent Tan faces fan backlash as Malky Mackay clings to Cardiff job
Bonuses for goals and top four finish as Luiz Suarez joins Premier League's top three earners
Transfer news: Tottenham Hotspur - January transfer targets
Luis Suarez: Liverpool striker ends exit speculation by signing 'long-term' contract
- 1 Bonuses for goals and top four finish as Luiz Suarez joins Premier League's top three earners
- 2 Sun will 'flip upside down' within weeks, says Nasa
- 3 #Teamnigella: It’s the only side to be on
- 4 Christmas comes early: Justin Bieber is 'retiring from music'
- 5 Burglar steals video tapes of child abuse, hands them into police