Transfer deadline day: 10 bizarre stories from previous windows
With the clock ticking things can get desperate
Thursday 30 January 2014
Transfer deadline day is a strangely manufactured event, full of endless rolling Sky Sports News bulletins with Jim White shouting a lot and more often than not Harry Redknapp leaning out of a car window.
Every time you wonder why football clubs, who on the surface, are supposed to be efficiently run businesses, often leave things so late.
After weeks of build up they all end up scrambling around for players like desperate Christmas Eve shoppers in a petrol station.
Then again the high-pressure atmosphere has often resulted in some pretty bizarre things happening and so we present for you the strangest transfer deadline day stories.
Click on the gallery below...
Latest in Sport
Angel Di Maria: Manchester United to push ahead with £50m move for Real Madrid winger
Marcos Rojo to Manchester United: Sporting Lisbon confirm deal with Nani heading back to Portugal on loan
Besiktas vs Arsenal: Arsene Wenger hits out at Aaron Ramsey red card decision
Arsenal player ratings vs Besiktas
Besiktas vs Arsenal player ratings: Alexis Sanchez, Jack Wilshere, Calum Chambers - who was the Gunners star man?
- 1 Three of Pope Francis' relatives die in Argentina car crash, including two young great-nephews
- 2 Michael Brown shooting: Amnesty International sends team within US for first time as National Guard deployed
- 3 Here’s the damning letter Robin Williams wrote to his Mrs Doubtfire co-star's principal after they expelled her
- 4 Ferguson protests: 90-year-old Holocaust survivor Hedy Epstein ‘arrested’ by police during St Louis demonstrations
- 5 Cilla Black defends Cliff Richard: 'I am positive that the allegations are without foundation'
Isis threat: Cameron wants an alliance with Iran
Crisis? What crisis? A visiting US doctor gives the NHS a rave review
Ukip MEP calls for reintroduction of death penalty on fiftieth anniversary of last deaths
Russell Brand calls for Israel boycott: Comedian urges big businesses that 'facilitate the oppression of people in Gaza' to pull funding
Michael Brown shooting: Chaos erupts on the streets of Ferguson after autopsy shows teenager was shot six times – twice in the head
World peace? These are the only 11 countries in the world that are actually free from conflict