Video: Argentine footballer throws stray dog into fence
Bella Vista forward Jose Jimenez was then sent off
Wednesday 12 June 2013
An Argentine football player has been sent off after he grabbed a dog that wandered onto the pitch and threw it against a fence.
Bella Vista forward Jose Jimenez picked up the dog by its neck after it ran onto the pitch during a match against San Juan. The player was trying to throw the animal over the fence but failed to, with the canine hurtling into the chain link barrier.
Opposition fans threw missiles at Jimenez and he was given a red card following the incident. Luckily, the dog appeared to be fine as it quickly got up and ran off after hitting the fence.
Arsenal 1 Everton 1: Substitute equalises with six minutes to go
food + drinkMichelin-starred Tom Sellers on being this year's hottest property
booksGeese, gorillas, grandads... and growing up
tvParents (and kids) rejoice! A new wave of fantastic family entertainment is here
food + drinkHow one grocery e-tailer is gearing up for the Yuletide rush
food + drink
Latest in Sport
Ashes 2013/14: England’s Ashes shambles is uglier than ’06 whitewash
Gerard Deulofeu - Why Barcelona chose Everton to educate their latest prodigy
Manchester United 0 Newcastle United 1 match report: David Moyes powerless to prevent dismal defeat
Liverpool 4 West Ham 1 match report: Luis Suarez gives England more to fear
Manchester United 0 Newcastle United 1: Champions haven't got a clue
- 1 Hundreds arrested as Canadian police smash worldwide paedophile ring
- 2 Sherlock series 3: Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman provide teasers for the biggest comeback in British television
- 3 The man who made Femen: New film outs Victor Svyatski as the mastermind behind the protest group and its breast-baring stunts
- 4 Mass murder in the Middle East is funded by our friends the Saudis
- 5 Japan cracks down on leaks after scandal of Fukushima nuclear power plant