Video: Sam Wallace on the big Premier League talking points, including Liverpool, Arsenal and the sacking of Chris Hughton
The Independent's chief football correspondent talks to London Live
Monday 07 April 2014
Sam Wallace, The Independent's chief football correspondent, has been discussing the big talking points from the weekend.
The defeat for Arsenal at Goodison Park was seismic for both Arsene Wenger and the victors Everton.
Meanwhile, Liverpool maintained their push for a first league title in 24 years - something that would be the "biggest sport story of the year" if it were to happen according to Sam Wallace.
Then there is also the dismissal of Norwich City manager Chris Hughton with just five games of the season remaining. A good idea?
Watch the video below...
Latest in Sport
Radamel Falcao: 'Changes are not easy, but there are times when you have to'
Female BBC presenter receives offensive and sexist letter after she criticised level of women's sport given TV coverage and sponsorship
Premier League 2015/16 kits: Confirmed and rumoured strips from Arsenal, Manchester United, Liverpool, Chelsea and others
West Brom vs Arsenal: Aaron Ramsey desperate to be back in the middle for Arsenal title challenge
Arsenal fan asks the Queen for tickets to the FA Cup final - gets a reply from Buckingham Palace
- 1 Crystal meth addict 'gouged out his eyes and ate them' while high on drug, Australian MP claims
- 2 Saudi Arabia 'seeking to head United Nations Human Rights Council'
- 3 Group of students refused entry to Leicester nightclub 'because they are black'
- 4 Irish people are travelling home from all over the world so they can vote to legalise gay marriage
- 5 Arsenal fan asks the Queen for tickets to the FA Cup final - gets a reply from Buckingham Palace
As a white man, I'm surprised more women aren't tweeting the hashtag #KillAllWhiteMen
Scotland may have to leave the EU even if it votes to stay in, David Cameron confirms
Report finds that Britain's wages are the most unequal in Europe
Almost a third of school pupils believe 'Muslims are taking over our country', study claims
The day that Britain resigned as a global power
Gay marriage 'Bert and Ernie' cake bakery found guilty of discrimination in Northern Ireland