Who could replace Malky Mackay as manager of Cardiff City?
Ole Gunnar Solskjaer, Yilmaz Vural and Dave Jones among those linked
The future of Malky Mackay looks bleak amid reports that he has been given an ultimatum of 'resign or be sacked'.
That ultimatum has come from owner Vincent Tan, who is understood to have a number of grievances with his leadership. Among them is a belief that the newly promoted side should be among the top four sides in the Premier League.
Mackay missed today's press conference to preview their match against Liverpool this weekend and it would seem it is only a matter of time before he leaves his post.
That will mean Cardiff will be seeking a replacement.
According to the BBC, chairman Mehmet Dalman has a preferred candidate who is a household name currently employed by a British club. A number of other candidates have already quickly emerged.
Here, we take a look at the possible candidates...
Latest in Sport
- 1 'Cheeky' Nando's under fire for apparently coming onto a customer on Twitter
- 2 Saudi Arabia mosque bombing: Two volunteer security guards hailed as heroes for stopping Isis suicide bomber reaching worshippers
- 3 Playboy model April Summers speaks out about being a victim of revenge porn
- 4 There is something wrong but very right about this Bible illustration
- 5 iPhone 'effective power' text: how to be safe from iOS bug that lets people crash your phone
EU referendum: David Cameron's rules are a 'democratic disgrace', says French-born Scottish politician set to be denied a vote
British tourists complain that impoverished boat migrants are making holidays 'awkward' in Kos
A nation of inequality: How the UK is failing to feed its most vulnerable people
Australian man punched in the face for defending Muslim women from abuse on train
David Starkey 'tells Amal Clooney to shut up and stop over-promoting human rights'
EU referendum: David Cameron to deny EU migrants and under-18s the chance to vote