Why always daddy? 10 fatherhood tips for Mario Balotelli
This week Manchester City striker Mario Balotelli became a father for the first time when his former partner Raffaella Fico gave birth to their daughter Pia. As a first-time father Mario will need all the advice he can get.
Here are 10 top tips for Premier League child-rearing:
* When baby Pia first goes to the toilet successfully, clap and celebrate as the parenting manuals encourage. Don't just stare at the potty's contents and make a "ssshing" gesture
* At dinner time, leave any bib adjustments to Raffaella. Or the baby
* If you're going to let her play with fireworks make sure she wears gloves
* Quad bikes are not appropriate for under-eights
* Nor are spontaneous trips to women's prisons
* Or darts
* When you lift your shirt after scoring to reveal the message "il mio bel bambino Pia", remember that it's only a booking if the shirt goes over your head. (If in doubt, ask Carlos)
* It is baby Pia's choice, and hers alone, as to when she would like her first bleached Mohican
* A fistful of £100 notes is not an appropriate present for Baby's First Christmas
* Don't dress her in a baby United kit and appear on MUTV
Latest in Sport
- 1 Stephen Fry explains what he would say if he was 'confronted by God'
- 2 Venezuela Expo Tattoo 2015: Extreme body art from 'Vampire Woman' to 109mm earlobes
- 4 Ball pool for adults opens in London
Stephen Fry explains what he would say if he was 'confronted by God'
9 reasons Greece's experiment with the radical left is doomed to failure
Have we reached 'peak food'? Shortages loom as global production rates slow
British grandmother Lindsay Sandiford faces execution by firing squad in Indonesia
Liberal Democrat minister defends comments suggesting immigration causes pub closures
Hard line on immigration could cost Tories the election