Why always daddy? 10 fatherhood tips for Mario Balotelli
This week Manchester City striker Mario Balotelli became a father for the first time when his former partner Raffaella Fico gave birth to their daughter Pia. As a first-time father Mario will need all the advice he can get.
Here are 10 top tips for Premier League child-rearing:
* When baby Pia first goes to the toilet successfully, clap and celebrate as the parenting manuals encourage. Don't just stare at the potty's contents and make a "ssshing" gesture
* At dinner time, leave any bib adjustments to Raffaella. Or the baby
* If you're going to let her play with fireworks make sure she wears gloves
* Quad bikes are not appropriate for under-eights
* Nor are spontaneous trips to women's prisons
* Or darts
* When you lift your shirt after scoring to reveal the message "il mio bel bambino Pia", remember that it's only a booking if the shirt goes over your head. (If in doubt, ask Carlos)
* It is baby Pia's choice, and hers alone, as to when she would like her first bleached Mohican
* A fistful of £100 notes is not an appropriate present for Baby's First Christmas
* Don't dress her in a baby United kit and appear on MUTV
Latest in Sport
Leicester City 5 Manchester United 3: Mario Balotelli and Gary Lineker lead the trolling of United
Police probe Mario Balotelli racist abuse as Kick It Out voice their displeasure
Frank Lampard equalises for Manchester City against Chelsea: how Twitter reacted
Manchester City vs Chelsea match report: Frank Lampard shows no joy after denying Chelsea victory
Colombian women's cycling team kit that makes wearer appear naked is branded 'unacceptable' by UCI president
- 1 Rihanna 'nude photos' claims emerge on 4Chan as hacking scandal continues
- 2 Frank Lampard equalises for Manchester City against Chelsea: how Twitter reacted
- 3 Kim Kardashian 'nude photos' leaked on 4chan weeks after Jennifer Lawrence scandal
- 4 Free U2 album: How the most generous giveaway in music history turned PR disaster
Scottish independence referendum: A nation divided against itself
Scottish referendum results: Cross-party consensus collapses amid Tory-Labour spat on the 'English question'
Scottish independence: David Cameron is becoming the 'George Bush of Britain'
Hilary Mantel 'should be investigated by police' over Margaret Thatcher assassination story, says Lord Bell
Plebgate MP Andrew Mitchell called officer a 'little s**t', claim court documents 'exposing ex-Chief Whip's 'record of abusing police'
Archbishop of Canterbury admits doubts about existence of God