Why always daddy? 10 fatherhood tips for Mario Balotelli
This week Manchester City striker Mario Balotelli became a father for the first time when his former partner Raffaella Fico gave birth to their daughter Pia. As a first-time father Mario will need all the advice he can get.
Here are 10 top tips for Premier League child-rearing:
* When baby Pia first goes to the toilet successfully, clap and celebrate as the parenting manuals encourage. Don't just stare at the potty's contents and make a "ssshing" gesture
* At dinner time, leave any bib adjustments to Raffaella. Or the baby
* If you're going to let her play with fireworks make sure she wears gloves
* Quad bikes are not appropriate for under-eights
* Nor are spontaneous trips to women's prisons
* Or darts
* When you lift your shirt after scoring to reveal the message "il mio bel bambino Pia", remember that it's only a booking if the shirt goes over your head. (If in doubt, ask Carlos)
* It is baby Pia's choice, and hers alone, as to when she would like her first bleached Mohican
* A fistful of £100 notes is not an appropriate present for Baby's First Christmas
* Don't dress her in a baby United kit and appear on MUTV
Culinary experts in The Netherlands thought it was 'fresh' and 'tasty'
Latest in Sport
Anderlecht vs Arsenal match report: Kieran Gibbs and Lukas Podolski pounce as Arsenal leave it late
Liverpool fans applaud Cristiano Ronaldo after master-class for Real Madrid, despite his Manchester United ties
Liverpool vs Real Madrid player ratings: Was Cristiano Ronaldo the star man? And how did Mario Balotelli fare?
Liverpool vs Real Madrid match report: Cristiano Ronaldo and Karim Benzema run Reds ragged at Anfield
Mario Balotelli substituted at half-time against Real Madrid: Was shirt swapping the real reason?
- 1 Nokia no more: Microsoft drops once-ubiquitous mobile name – in favour of its Lumia brand
- 2 Renee Zellweger on plastic surgery: 'I'm living a more fulfilling life and I'm thrilled that perhaps it shows'
- 3 Jimmy Carr's controversial Oscar Pistorius joke goes too far at the Q Awards
- 4 Australian café owner sparks debate after saying 'No' to having unruly children on premises
- 5 NHS staff banned from drinking tea or coffee on the job because it looks like they're not working hard enough
Cameron is warned 'no possibility' of UK reducing immigration and that bid to bring in quota on migrant workers would be illegal
Of course, teenage girls need role models – but not like beauty vlogger Zoella
Support for EU membership 'at highest level since 1991' with most Brits wanting to stay 'in'
Residents should throw a street party and mix with immigrant neighbours, councils told
Russell Brand threatened with arrest after filming outside Fox News headquarters
Thousands with degenerative conditions classified as 'fit to work in future' – despite no possibility of improvement