Why always daddy? 10 fatherhood tips for Mario Balotelli
This week Manchester City striker Mario Balotelli became a father for the first time when his former partner Raffaella Fico gave birth to their daughter Pia. As a first-time father Mario will need all the advice he can get.
Here are 10 top tips for Premier League child-rearing:
* When baby Pia first goes to the toilet successfully, clap and celebrate as the parenting manuals encourage. Don't just stare at the potty's contents and make a "ssshing" gesture
* At dinner time, leave any bib adjustments to Raffaella. Or the baby
* If you're going to let her play with fireworks make sure she wears gloves
* Quad bikes are not appropriate for under-eights
* Nor are spontaneous trips to women's prisons
* Or darts
* When you lift your shirt after scoring to reveal the message "il mio bel bambino Pia", remember that it's only a booking if the shirt goes over your head. (If in doubt, ask Carlos)
* It is baby Pia's choice, and hers alone, as to when she would like her first bleached Mohican
* A fistful of £100 notes is not an appropriate present for Baby's First Christmas
* Don't dress her in a baby United kit and appear on MUTV
Latest in Sport
A tight game could be in prospect here. Northampton have been keeping things very tight of late and ...
by Gareth Purnell
18 May 2013 02:01 AM
I can’t ever watch games of football or rugby without wistfully wondering what it must be like to be...
by Martin Ayres
16 May 2013 05:10 PM
Since PSG’s exit to Barcelona in the Uefa Champions League quarter-final in April, PSG have been sur...
by Matthew Riding
15 May 2013 02:37 PM
Aleksandar Kolarov seals ugly end to season in the dock once again
The Last Word: As David Beckham bows out, spare a thought for the ordinary players facing a crueller end
Arsène Wenger: 'We need stability and to strengthen in the summer'
Sam Wallace: The second coming of Mourinho will be a reunion that can only end in tears
James Lawton: For all Arsenal's dreams and prettiness there must be nagging sense of futility
- 1 British business: We need to stay in the European Union - or risk losing up to £92bn a year
- 2 You thought Ryanair's attendants had it bad? Wait 'til you hear about their pilots
- 3 Sam Wallace: The second coming of Mourinho will be a reunion that can only end in tears
- 4 Civil partnerships amendment 'could wreck' gay marriage Bill, Government sources warn
- 5 It’s official: thanks to Stephen Hawking's Israel boycott, anti-Semitism is no more
BMF is the UK’s biggest and best loved outdoor fitness classes
Find out what The Independent's resident travel expert has to say about one of the most beautiful small cities in the world
Win anything from gadgets to five-star holidays on our competitions and offers page.