World Cup Watch: WAGs and celebrities
Monday 24 May 2010
In anticipation of the World Cup, The Independent is running down the key people and factors to keep an eye out for in South Africa with our
World Cup Watch series.
From free-kick takers to WAGs, blasts from the past to the youngsters, we'll have it all covered before things kick-off in Johannesburg.
In the latest instalment we take a look at the WAGs and celebrities who'll be gate-crashing the tournament. There will be no escaping them this summer (whatever Capello wishes), so, if you want to know your Coleen's from your Clancy's, here's our guide.
And why are 'southern' ways of speaking spreading north?
life + styleClarissa Baldwin is the brains behind the slogan 'A Dog is for Life not just for Christmas'
Latest in Sport
Liverpool 5 Norwich City 1 match report: Luis Suarez tears Norwich apart once again with four goals and an assist
Cricket Australia apologises for ‘racist’ Monty Panesar Teletubbies tweet
Manchester United must win 'an awful lot of games' if they are to retain the Premier League title, admits David Moyes after Everton defeat
Five things we learned from the midweek Premier League fixtures: Nicklas Bendtner could help Arsenal push for the title; David Moyes mocked by Everton fans; Luis Suarez among the best
Manchester United 0 Everton 1 match report: Roberto Martinez pulls off elusive victory that eluded David Moyes
- 1 Is this the scariest advert ever? Japanese tyre commercial comes with its own disclaimer and health warning
- 2 A forgotten episode in Russian history leaves links with the Philippines
- 3 Scientists sequence oldest human DNA from fossilised leg bone found in Spain
- 4 Cannabis can cause man boobs, US surgeon claims
- 5 Joanna Lumley’s garden bridge over the Thames gets £30m seal of approval from Government