Aaron Ramsey injury latest: Arsenal midfielder out for further six week, reveals Arsene Wenger
The Wales international was arguably the best player in the Premier League in the first half of the season
Friday 31 January 2014
Midfielder Aaron Ramsey will be sidelined for up to six weeks with a thigh injury, Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger has said.
The Wales international had been expected to return about now, but suffered a set-back in training before Arsenal's 2-2 draw with Southampton on Tuesday.
That result saw the Gunners relinquish top spot in the Premier League, and with Mathieu Flamini suspended for the next four matches - trying to regain it has been made all the harder with the latest update on Ramsey.
Latest in Sport
- 1 Nathan Collier: Montana man inspired by same-sex marriage ruling requests right to wed two wives
- 2 People all over the world are getting semicolon tattoos to draw attention to mental health
- 3 Van driver who comforted Clark Carlisle and called 999 after suicide attempt dies age 24
- 4 James Blunt was special guest on the highest-rating Top Gear episode ever
- 5 The biggest first date turnoff has been revealed
Nathan Collier: Montana man inspired by same-sex marriage ruling requests right to wed two wives
Greece crisis: IMF was pushed around by Angela Merkel and Nicholas Sarkozy – and now it is being humiliated
'I wish the BBC would stop calling it Islamic State' – David Cameron unleashes frustration at broadcaster
Forget little green men – aliens will look like humans, says Cambridge University evolution expert
Girl, 7, stares down hate preacher at Ohio festival with pro-LGBT rainbow flag gesture
Sickness and disability benefits could be reduced by £30 a week as part of £12bn welfare cuts