AC Milan deny receiving Manchester City offer for Flamini
AC Milan have not heard from Manchester City regarding French midfielder Mathieu Flamini.
Flamini has been strongly linked with a loan move to the Barclays Premier League club in the January transfer window.
"We have heard rumours regarding possible interest from Manchester City for Flamini," AC Milan sporting director Ariedo Braida told Press Association Sport.
"But for the time being, there has been no official offer, interest or talks between AC Milan and Manchester City.
"Flamini is an AC Milan player."
The former Arsenal star has struggled to earn a regular place with the Rossoneri this season, making just eight Serie A starts for Leonardo's side, and he is desperate to play first-team football in a bid to keep his hopes of a World Cup place alive.
The 25-year-old joined Milan in May 2008 from Arsenal and is under contract with the Serie A giants until June 2012.
Latest in Sport
- 1 This 'woman calls police to order pizza' story isn't going where you're expecting
- 2 Axe wielding man shot dead after attacking four New York policemen on busy street
- 3 Watch what happened when food critics were unknowingly served McDonald's
- 4 Jimmy Carr's Oscar Pistorius joke goes a bit too far at the Q Awards
- 5 Ottawa shootings: Bruce MacKinnon's cartoon is the perfect tribute to soldier Nathan Cirillo
Of course, teenage girls need role models – but not like beauty vlogger Zoella
Cameron is warned 'no possibility' of UK reducing immigration and that bid to bring in quota on migrant workers would be illegal
Support for EU membership 'at highest level since 1991' with most Brits wanting to stay 'in'
Thousands with degenerative conditions classified as 'fit to work in future' – despite no possibility of improvement
Attacks on 'Ukip Calypso' show how skewed people’s priorities are
Poppy Appeal 2014: This is why I won't be wearing a red poppy this year