Alan Pardew head-butt: Newcastle manager admits FA charge after incident with Hull midfielder David Meyler
Pardew has requested a personal hearing
Thursday 06 March 2014
Newcastle boss Alan Pardew has admitted a charge of misconduct after head-butting Hull midfielder David Meyler, the Football Association has confirmed.
The 52-year-old, who had until 6pm on Thursday to respond to the charge, has requested a personal hearing, the date for which is due to be set.
An FA statement said: "Newcastle United manager Alan Pardew has admitted an FA misconduct charge in relation to his side's game against Hull City on March 1, 2014.
"Pardew was involved in an incident with a Hull City player in the 72nd minute of this fixture.
"Pardew has requested a personal hearing, the date of which will be set in due course."
Read more: Pardew hits back at Souness
Why did Pardew slam Souness?
GALLERY: When managers attack
Sam Wallace: The FA must stand for something
Latest in Sport
- 1 If you weren't afraid of flying before last week... you probably are now
- 2 Israel-Gaza conflict: The secret report that helps Israelis to hide facts
- 3 Students offered grants if they tweet pro-Israeli propaganda
- 4 Lauren Goodger calls for tougher laws on revenge porn after sex tape leaks online
- 5 Iraq crisis: End 'very near' for Christianity after Isis takeover, says Bishop
Israel-Gaza conflict: The secret report that helps Israelis to hide facts
A day in the life of Vladimir Putin: The dictator in his labyrinth
Opponents of Israel's military operation in Gaza are the real enemies of Middle Eastern peace
Were 'Poor Doors' added to mixed developments so wealthy residents don't have to go in alongside social housing tenants?
Arizona execution lasts two hours as killer Joseph Wood left 'snorting and gasping' for air
Malaysia Airlines MH17 crash: Massive rise in sale of British arms to Russia