Alexis Sanchez welcomed to Arsenal by a number of Gunners stars
Current players took to Twiitter to welcome new £35m signing
Friday 11 July 2014
Arsenal's newest signing Alexis Sanchez was welcomed to the club by a crop of delighted current players.
Aaron Ramsey, Theo Walcott, Mesut Ozil, Mikel Arteta and Lukas Podolski all took to Twitter to welcome the forward, who was confirmed as a £35m signing from Barcelona last night.
The quartet were delighted with the big money move for the Chilean, which is a real message of intent by Arsene Wenger to build on last season's FA Cup success.
The World Cup star was unveiled as an Arsenal player on Thursday night. He joins on a £35m deal from Barcelona.
Sanchez will wear the No 17 shirt next season.
He said: "I’m so happy to be joining Arsenal, a club which has a great manager, a fantastic squad of players, huge support around the world and a great stadium in London.
What a Signing!!!!! Can not wait and looking forward to playing with Alexis Sanchez!!!!! #COYG— Theo Walcott (@theowalcott) July 10, 2014
He added: "I’m looking forward to meeting my new team-mates and to be playing for Arsenal in the Premier League and Champions League. I will give my best to Arsenal and want to make all the supporters happy."
Latest in Sport
- 1 Russell Brand accuses FOX News anchor Sean Hannity of terrorism after aggressive Israel-Gaza debate
- 2 Pope Francis issues top 10 tips for happiness – including don’t try to convert other people
- 3 Arturo Vidal to Manchester United: Midfielder set to force through move to Louis van Gaal's Red Devils - reports
- 4 Disney heiress Abigail disowns her share of family profits in West Bank company
- 5 Israel's propaganda machine is finally starting to misfire
The secret report that helps Israel hide facts
Land for gas: Merkel and Putin discussed secret deal could end Ukraine crisis
Woman and two children killed by mob in riots over 'blasphemous' Facebook post in Pakistan
Richard Dawkins tweets: 'Date rape is bad, stranger rape is worse'
Putin is 'thuggish, dishonest and reckless', says British ambassador to US
Boozy, ignorant, intolerant, but very polite – Britain as others see us