Alfred N'Diaye set for £2m Sunderland switch
Fee agreed for the France Under-21 midfielder
Monday 07 January 2013
Sunderland have agreed a fee with Turkish side Bursaspor for France Under-21 midfielder Alfred N'Diaye, Press Association Sport understands.
Black Cats officials flew to Turkey with an improved offer after their initial bid, said to be in the region of £2million, was turned down.
Combative 21-year-old N'Diaye started his career with French club Nancy before moving to Bursaspor in July 2011.
N'Diaye is believed to be flying to the north east for a medical and to discuss personal terms. If confirmed, he will become boss Martin O'Neill's first signing of the January transfer window.
Latest in Sport
Sky Sports and BT Sport announce Premier League live matches for 2015/16 with Man United, Chelsea, Arsenal and Liverpool in action
Wimbledon 2015: Dustin Brown knocks Rafael Nadal out of the championship
Football kits 2015/16: The good, the bad and the downright worst new shirts from around the world for next season
Chelsea 2015/16 home shirt leaked again as new picture appears online
Dustin Brown: Who is the world number 102 who knocked Rafael Nadal out of Wimbledon?
- 1 Michelle Watt's father says TV presenter killed herself because she was in constant pain
- 2 Nathan Collier: Montana man inspired by same-sex marriage ruling requests right to wed two wives
- 3 'Help me I'm trapped in a factory' messages keep being found on bottles of vitamin water
- 4 North Korean defector flees to Finland 'with evidence of chemical testing on humans'
- 5 Greek debt crisis: The photograph that conveys the despair of Greece's elderly
Greece crisis: IMF was pushed around by Angela Merkel and Nicholas Sarkozy – and now it is being humiliated
Nathan Collier: Montana man inspired by same-sex marriage ruling requests right to wed two wives
Forget little green men – aliens will look like humans, says Cambridge University evolution expert
'I wish the BBC would stop calling it Islamic State' – David Cameron unleashes frustration at broadcaster
Greece crisis: The wider lesson is that it’s time to abandon this failed experiment in currencies
Girl, 7, stares down hate preacher at Ohio festival with pro-LGBT rainbow flag gesture