Angelo Henriquez 'super happy' with transfer to Manchester United
Wednesday 15 August 2012
Angelo Henriquez has no intention of wasting his dream move to Manchester United.
The 18-year-old had a medical with the Old Trafford outfit yesterday and was due to meet Sir Alex Ferguson today to sort out his short-term future.
That could involve remaining at Old Trafford, or being allowed to leave on loan, either to an English club or his present team in Chile, Universidad.
United have yet to confirm details of the deal.
However, speaking to Chile paper La Tercera, Henriquez touched on his bewilderment at the speed of the deal.
"I am super happy to get to Manchester United. I'm fulfilling a dream," he said.
"I am going where I wanted.
"You look on television and see the outstanding players, scoring spectacular goals. I cannot waste this opportunity.
"It is not clear what will happen with my future.
"I want to play in the first team of Manchester United. That's my first thought.
"If they decide to send me on loan, I would prefer to continue at Universidad, although I will do whatever United deem appropriate."
Latest in Sport
How Manchester United manager David Moyes must wish for some of Manuel Pellegrini’s problems
World Cup 2014 draw: Greg Dyke makes 'cut throat' gesture after England are drawn in 'Group of Death'
World Cup 2014: Your guide to Group A - Brazil; Croatia; Mexico; Cameroon
World Cup draw 2014: England drawn with holders Spain in official Group Stage rehearsal
Arsenal vs Everton: Let loan players take on their parent clubs, says Arsène Wenger
- 1 Cameron's freebie to apartheid South Africa
- 2 Is this the scariest advert ever? Japanese tyre commercial comes with its own disclaimer and health warning
- 3 Sherlock series 3: Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman provide teasers for the biggest comeback in British television
- 4 A forgotten episode in Russian history leaves links with the Philippines
- 5 People will try to reduce Mandela to a lilting reggae tune about ‘love’. They will fail