Arsenal exit not certain says Fabregas
Thursday 01 July 2010
Arsenal playmaker Cesc Fabregas has admitted he could stay at the Emirates Stadium next season.
The Spain midfielder is thought to covet a move to boyhood club Barcelona but the Gunners have so far rebuffed interest from the Catalan giants.
And with Arsenal seemingly steadfast in their determination to keep their captain, the 23-year-old conceded his dream switch to the Nou Camp may not happen.
Fabregas, who is with the Spain squad at the World Cup in South Africa, told Sky Sports: "I haven't said that I will definitely leave Arsenal.
"Everything is possible. Now I have my head and my focus on the World Cup.
"I am very proud to be captain of Arsenal and I love the club and have respect for them. It gave me such pride to be made captain."
Barcelona are thought to have had an offer of £29million for Fabregas rejected by Arsenal.
The Spanish champions have already signed David Villa from Valencia for £35million but are reportedly poised to offload Yaya Toure to Manchester City for around £32million.
Fabregas, who has four years remaining on his current contract, came through Barcelona's youth ranks before joining Arsenal at the age of 16.
Latest in Sport
- 2 Disney heiress Abigail disowns her share of family profits in West Bank company
- 3 The secret report that helps Israel hide facts
- 4 'Women should not laugh in public,' says Turkey's Deputy Prime Minister in morality speech
- 5 Israel's propaganda machine is finally starting to misfire
The secret report that helps Israel hide facts
Woman and two children killed by mob in riots over 'blasphemous' Facebook post in Pakistan
A day in the life of Vladimir Putin: The dictator in his labyrinth
Putin is 'thuggish, dishonest and reckless', says British ambassador to US
Richard Dawkins tweets: 'Date rape is bad, stranger rape is worse'
Boozy, ignorant, intolerant, but very polite – Britain as others see us