Arsenal goalkeeper James Shea signs new deal
Tuesday 08 February 2011
Arsenal have confirmed young goalkeeper James Shea has signed a new contract.
The 19-year-old has found himself called into the first-team squad this season as cover for injuries to Lukasz Fabianski and Manuel Almunia.
Shea was part of the Gunners FA Youth Cup and Premier Academy League double winning-side of 2008/09 and went on to become a regular for the reserves.
Earlier this season, the teenager joined in with the senior England squad when they trained at Arsenal's London Colney base ahead of the Euro 2012 qualifier against Bulgaria.
Latest in Sport
- 1 British tourists 'murdered' in Thailand: Pair's bloodied bodies found naked on Koh Tao beach
- 2 Vivienne Westwood says 'Yes' to Scottish Independence by declaring: 'I hate England'
- 3 Welcome to Cameroon, where drinking Baileys can lead to imprisonment
- 4 Lego breaks out of the toy box and heads for the gallery
- 5 Vogue under fire for 'Big Booty' article
Daniele Watts: Django Unchained actress detained by Los Angeles police after being mistaken for a prostitute
The political class is doing what Hitler couldn’t – destroying Britain
Scottish independence: Nationalist leader Jim Sillars threatens pro-union companies with 'day of reckoning' after independence
Scottish independence: Yes campaign feels the heat as Alex Salmond's NHS claims come under furious attack
£23m Birmingham cycle scheme is attacked by Tory councillor for not catering to the elderly
Salmond accused of laughing off national debt with ‘what are they going to do: invade?’ joke