Arsenal target Frey won't rule out move
Monday 24 May 2010
Fiorentina goalkeeper Sebastien Frey has not ruled out a departure from Florence this summer.
The 30-year-old is under contract with the Viola until June 2013 but has been a reported target of Barclays Premier League giants Manchester United and Arsenal.
Frey said to Gazzetta dello Sport: "I have spoken to (Fiorentina president Diego) Della Valle.
"I will speak again with him after the holidays.
"In life, at times, you need new challenges and I cannot hide the fact that I need that.
"Perhaps finding new challenges doesn't necessarily mean leaving, it could also mean that I could stay provided the team is reinforced.
"Next season we will not play in Europe and that is why we need a strong team to be at the highest level in Serie A."
Fiorentina failed to replicate the form of the 2008-09 campaign where they finished fourth.
The Viola ended the season in 11th place, 20 points behind Sampdoria, who clinched the last Champions League qualifying spot.
Latest in Sport
Chelsea vs Manchester United: Jose Mourinho dismisses United injury worries, saying 'they have an amazing squad'
Aaron Hernandez: American Football in the dock as NFL star player's murderous double life is revealed
Chelsea vs Manchester United: Why Blues are the least popular team in the league
Chelsea vs Manchester United combined XI: Thibaut Courtois or David De Gea? Juan Mata or Willian? Who makes our team?
Floyd Mayweather vs Manny Pacquiao: Where are the tickets for the fight?
- 1 BBC election debate: The one photo that summed up the whole 90-minute leaders debate
- 2 18th century sex toy found in 'toilet of sword fighting school' in Poland
- 3 'I wish my teacher knew...': Young students share their 'heartbreaking' worries in notes
- 4 Rebecca Francis accuses Ricky Gervais of using 'influence' to target female hunters after receiving barrage of death threats
- 5 Australian student Tommy Connolly, 23, adopts his pregnant, homeless 17-year-old cousin to give her a chance at 'a better life'
The only black face in the Ukip manifesto is on the page about overseas aid
Ukip is the only main political party to not address LGBT rights in its manifesto
If I’m being racially abused I don’t need a stranger with a saviour complex to rescue me
BBC election debate: The one photo that summed up the whole 90-minute leaders debate
Religion isn't growing, it is becoming vigorous in its demise, says philosopher AC Grayling
General Election 2015: Polish prince challenges Nigel Farage to a duel over immigration question