Arsenal v Chelsea: Will Arsene Wenger finally get his first victory over Jose Mourinho?
Frenchman has never beaten his old foe in all nine previous matches
A win for Arsenal on Monday night would not just give the Gunners the Premier League lead for Christmas, it would also secure Arsene Wenger's first ever victory - in all competitions - over his old rival Jose Mourinho.
In total, Wenger's record against Mourinho's Chelsea reads:
P 9 W 0 D 4 L 5 F 6 A 13
But Wenger's want for a win is not as much a necessity this weekend as it is for the club, after back-to-back defeats to Napoli and Manchester City. Defeat could see Liverpool overtake the Gunners at the top of the league, but should Wenger finally get a win against his long-time rival he will look on fondly as his side reach Christmas Day in top spot.
Chelsea can also overtake Arsenal with a win and should the Reds slip up against managerial crisis-stricken Cardiff, they could very open their presents on the 25th sitting pretty ahead of the rest of the pack.
Latest in Sport
Sami Khedira to Arsenal: Midfield omitted from Real Madrid squad for Spanish Super Cup
Paul Scholes: Manchester United need five experienced players who can turn round a desperate situation
Angel Di Maria latest: Manchester United target is Real Madrid's 'best player', says Diego Simeone
Manchester United transfer news: Louis van Gaal tried and failed to sign German stars Thomas Muller and Marco Reus this summer
Tracey Emin: My Life In A Column
- 1 Richard Dawkins on babies with Down Syndrome: 'Abort it and try again – it would be immoral to bring it into the world'
- 2 ALS ice bucket challenge co-founder Corey Griffin drowns, aged 27
- 3 James Foley beheading: Fox news presenter Megyn Kelly annoyed by Ferguson update during broadcast about murdered journalist
- 4 Kajieme Powell: Missouri police release video footage of second man killed by officers
- 5 Paul Scholes: Manchester United need five experienced players who can turn round a desperate situation
Scottish independence: English people overwhelmingly want Scotland to stay in the UK
Isis threat: Cameron wants an alliance with Iran
Richard Dawkins on babies with Down Syndrome: 'Abort it and try again – it would be immoral to bring it into the world'
Crisis? What crisis? A visiting US doctor gives the NHS a rave review
Michael Brown shooting: Chaos erupts on the streets of Ferguson after autopsy shows teenager was shot six times – twice in the head
Scottish Independence Referendum: Salmond described as 'arrogant, ambitious and dishonest' by Scottish women