Arsenal v Hull City: Nicklas Bendtner makes first Premier League start since March 2011 for the Gunners
Danish striker has been out on two loan spells since last league start for club
Nicklas Bendtner will make his first start in the Premier League for Arsenal since March 2011, when the Gunners face Hull City at the Emirates Stadium on Wednesday night.
The Danish striker has been picked by manager Arsene Wenger to lead the line in the absence of Olivier Giroud, who will start from the bench.
Bendtner's last start for Arsenal came against Sunderland on 5 March 2011, in a goalless draw at the Emirates Stadium.
The 25-year-old has made seven appearances for the Gunners this season, starting in two Capital One Cup fixtures.
He has been out on two loan spells since his last Premier League start for Arsenal - to Sunderland (in 2011/12) and Juventus (in 2012/13).
Bendtner has, however, scored in his last two league appearances against Hull.
Arsenal: Szczesny, Jenkinson, Mertesacker, Koscielny, Monreal, Flamini, Ramsey, Rosicky, Cazorla, Ozil, Bendtner
Hull: McGregor, Figueroa, Elmohamady, Chester, Bruce, Meyler, Huddlestone, Livermore, Brady, Graham, Sagbo
Latest in Sport
- 1 Jennifer Lawrence scores first UK top 40 single with Hunger Games track 'The Hanging Tree'
- 2 Shia LaBeouf claims he was raped during #IAMSORRY art installation performance
- 3 'You should come to my house and eat cheeses with me': 4-year-old sends adorable love letter to girl at school
- 4 Scientists predict green energy revolution after incredible new graphene discoveries
- 5 Michael Buerk wishes he killed Jimmy Savile when he had the chance - by pushing him overboard a cruise ship
Obama: The only people with the right to object to immigration are Native Americans
Ukip says babies born to immigrants in the UK should be classed as migrants – which would include Nigel Farage’s own children
The young are the new poor: Sharp increase in number of under-25s living in poverty, while over-65s are better off than ever
David Cameron sets out immigration reforms: We should distrust Ukip and their 'snake-oil of simple solutions'
Ukip mocked after mistaking Westminster Cathedral – for a mosque
Tamir Rice: 12-year-old boy playing with fake gun dies after being shot by Ohio police