Arsenal play in the first match of their pre-season campaign this afternoon when they face a Singapore Select XI at the Singapore National Stadium as part of the Barclays Asia Trophy today.
- Match kicks off at 1.30pm
- No Petr Cech in squad but Jack Wilshere starts
- Cech signed from Chelsea for £11m
- Gunners return to host annual Emirates Cup on 25/26 July
- Winner faces Everton in final
- Arsenal took 27-man squad for tour
- Community Shield takes place on 2 August
Please allow a moment for the blog to load
The Gunners have taken a 27-man squad to the Far East in the first leg of their pre-season preparations, with summer signing Petr Cech joining up with his new team-mates for the first time since his £11m switch from Chelsea.
Danny Welbeck is to remain in London as he looks to shake off the knee problem which kept him out of the final few weeks of the season, missing both the FA Cup final win over Aston Villa and England's June internationals.
Wenger said on the club's official website, www.arsenal.com: "Welbeck isn't completely recovered from the problem he had. He is not back in full training, so he will stay behind."
- More about: