Arsène Wenger backs new Arsenal strikers Lukas Podolski and Olivier Giroud
Tuesday 28 August 2012
Arsène Wenger has defended his new strike force and is confident they will begin to fire soon.
Lukas Podolski, Olivier Giroud and Gervinho played up front in Arsenal's goalless draw at Stoke on Saturday and failed to score for the second successive match following the sale of striker Robin van Persie.
But the Arsenal manager said: "The more you speak about the problem the bigger it becomes in our game. I think Giroud should not think he has to replace Van Persie with the number of goals he has to score. We want to play well as a team and, if you play well as a team, you score goals."
Geoffrey Macnab reviews American Hustle, also starring Christian Bale and Bradley Cooper
Dennis Rodman will coach the North Korea basketball team
Latest in Sport
Arsenal can surprise Bayern Munich in the Champions League, says former midfielder Gilberto Silva
Liverpool - January transfer targets
Transfer news: Liverpool - January transfer targets
Transfer news: Manchester United - January transfer targets
Transfer news: Arsenal - Transfer targets for January
- 1 America's 'virgin births'? One in 200 mothers 'became pregnant without having sex'
- 2 Sun will 'flip upside down' within weeks, says Nasa
- 3 Christmas comes early: Justin Bieber is 'retiring from music'
- 4 Iain Duncan Smith leaves Commons food banks debate early
- 5 Children evacuated from swimming pool after prosthetic leg mistaken for paedophile