Arteta hamstring tear is confirmed
Friday 11 March 2011
Everton midfielder Mikel Arteta suffered a grade two tear to his hamstring during Wednesday's 1-1 draw with Birmingham City, the club have confirmed. A time frame for his return has not yet been given.
The Spaniard was substituted within the first 10 minutes of the match after pulling up while chasing City's Sebastian Larsson.
The injury is the latest injury blow for manager David Moyes, with Phil Neville (hamstring), Tim Cahill (foot) and Marouane Fellaini (ankle) also out of action.
arts + entsUnder Tamara Rojo's inspired direction, it seems possible that it could challenge the dominance of the Royal Ballet. We meet some established names and rising stars
Mountain goats miraculously survive avalanche in the Alps
Latest in Sport
Roy Keane omits Paul Scholes, Gary Neville and Ryan Giggs from 'greatest' Manchester United team
Former England captain Mick Mills 'turned a blind eye' to initiation ceremony abuse at Stoke City, which included sexual assault dubbed 'The Glove'
Roy Keane and Patrick Vieira relive rivalry - after the former Manchester United and Arsenal captains shared ice cream in Warsaw
Patrick Vieira put Thierry Henry and Dennis Bergkamp up front in 'greatest' Arsenal team - but there's no room for Cesc Fabregas and Marc Overmars
Manchester United player ratings: The best (and worst) performers for David Moyes during the season so far
- 1 Mountain goats' miraculous escape from avalanche captured in dramatic video footage
- 2 Gurdwaras-turned-food banks: Sikh temples are catering for rise in Britain’s hungry
- 3 Kenyan politician Mike Sonko left red-faced after photoshopping himself next to Nelson Mandela
- 4 Government delays EU immigration report because it is too positive
- 5 'I'm experiencing austerity as well', says Princess Michael of Kent