Aston Villa fail to extend Robbie Keane loan
Thursday 09 February 2012
Aston Villa have been unsuccessful in their attempt to extend Robbie Keane's loan period and he will return to the Los Angeles Galaxy after the clash at Wigan on February 25, Press Association Sport understands.
Keane has made a big impression at Villa, scoring three goals in two league starts, and Villa were hoping he could remain with them for a further week.
But the Galaxy want Keane to return after playing at the DW Stadium to prepare for the new Major Soccer League season which starts on March 10.
Keane will feature in Sunday's Barclays Premier League meeting with Manchester City but Villa's FA Cup exit means he will have a two-week wait before his final appearance against the Latics.
Latest in Sport
- 1 Crystal meth addict 'gouged out his eyes and ate them' while high on drug, Australian MP claims
- 2 As a white man, I'm surprised more women aren't tweeting the hashtag #KillAllWhiteMen
- 3 The ten most unequal developed countries in the world
- 4 Saudi Arabia 'seeking to head United Nations Human Rights Council'
- 5 Toddler throws a tantrum at the White House – in front of Barack Obama
As a white man, I'm surprised more women aren't tweeting the hashtag #KillAllWhiteMen
Scotland may have to leave the EU even if it votes to stay in, David Cameron confirms
Report finds that Britain's wages are the most unequal in Europe
Almost a third of school pupils believe 'Muslims are taking over our country', study claims
The day that Britain resigned as a global power
Gay marriage 'Bert and Ernie' cake bakery found guilty of discrimination in Northern Ireland