Welcome to the Independent’s live coverage of the Premier League as Tottenham Hotspur look to go within two points of leaders Leicester City with a victory at Aston Villa.
Defeat to Borussia Dortmind in the Europa League round-of-16 first leg is only likely to encourage Spurs to make amends in the Midlands against the top-flight’s bottom club.
Remi Garde, the Villa manager, has been forced to admit in recent weeks that he may not remain in charge if the club are relegated to the Championship while Mauricio Pochettino, the Frenchman’s Tottenham counterpart, has been linked with Chelsea and Manchester United.
- Aston Villa vs Tottenham Hotspur – 4pm
- Spurs have lost none of their last eight trips to Villa Park in all competitions (W6 D2 L0).
- Spurs have won a league-high 18 points from losing positions in the Premier League this season.
- Harry Kane has scored 16 goals in his last 20 Premier League appearances for Tottenham, two more than Aston Villa (14) have in their last 20 Premier League games.
- Tottenham's next away defeat in the Premier League will be their 200th - only Newcastle United (201) have lost more on the road before this weekend.
- If Aston Villa lose this match it'll equal their worst tally of Premier League defeats in a single season (20 - set in both 2013-14 and 2014-15).
Follow the action bellow...
Please allow a moment for the blog to load...Reuse content