Bacary Sagna angry at Arsenal's mass exodus
Friday 07 September 2012
Bacary Sagna has criticised Arsenal's inability to hold on to their best players and threatened to be the next first-team member to head for the Emirates Stadium exit.
The France full-back, who hopes to return from a broken leg by the start of next month, lamented the loss of Alex Song and Robin van Persie this summer as well as Gael Clichy, Cesc Fabregas and Samir Nasri last year.
"Everyone was expecting Van Persie to leave, but Song, that was a surprise. I don't understand that at all," Sagna said.
"In May, I watched City's parade on TV. I saw Samir and Gael lift the trophy. I want that [feeling]."
Latest in Sport
Three weeks ago as I drove off the Eurostar, I remember thinking what a very long time it was until ...
by Martin Ayres
23 May 2013 05:29 PM
McDowell did brilliantly to land the World Match Play title in Bulgaria last week, but it’s a format...
by Gareth Purnell
23 May 2013 09:13 AM
Wow - what a weekend for British Motorcycle racing!
by Luke Wilkins
22 May 2013 05:00 AM
- 1 Man and woman arrested on suspicion of conspiracy to murder victim of Woolwich machete attack, named as Drummer Lee Rigby
- 2 'Sickening, deluded and unforgivable': Horrific attack brings terror to London’s streets
- 3 Grace Dent: I’m not sure how these people can avoid being called ‘bigots’. And the more ‘civilised’, the worse they are
- 4 Woolwich murder: They killed, then they performed - these men should be starved of our attention
- 5 Woolwich attack: The EDL will seek to exploit this evil crime for their own evil ends
BMF is the UK’s biggest and best loved outdoor fitness classes
Find out what The Independent's resident travel expert has to say about one of the most beautiful small cities in the world
Nook is donating eReaders to volunteers at high-need schools and participating in exclusive events throughout the campaign.
Get the latest on The Evening Standard's campaign to get London's children reading.
Win anything from gadgets to five-star holidays on our competitions and offers page.