Barcelona president Joan Laporta insists the newly-crowned Club World Cup champions will not be making a renewed bid to sign Robinho after revealing Manchester City rejected their initial offer.
The Brazil playmaker has claimed previously he would welcome a move to the Nou Camp, prompting Barca to open negotiations with City.
But the Eastlands club, now under new coach Roberto Mancini, turned down Barca's opening bid.
Laporta, speaking in an interview with Catalan radio station Rac1, said: "We are very happy with the squad but if we have to make any improvements we will do.
"The conditions we set out for Robinho were not acceptable to City and since the squad are developing so well, unless there are any unforeseen last-minute changes we will not be signing anyone in January.
Laporta was delighted with the club's latest success as they clinched the world club crown - beating Estudiantes 2-1 in Saturday's final in Abu Dhabi - to record their sixth trophy win of an amazing 2009.
"We must enjoy the moment but also keep going," he added.
"We have all lived through winning a very special title especially when you bear in mind our predecessors could not manage it.
"It was very emotional, seeing (coach) Pep (Guardiola) crying.
"It's a huge boost to morale and confirmation that Barca are the best in the world."
Laporta also suggested central defender Gerard Pique would be offered a new contract before he stands down as president in the summer.
"I hope to do so (renew Pique's deal) before the end of my mandate," he said.
"He is one of the best central defenders in the world."