Bayern 'waiting for contact' from Chelsea over Bosingwa
Wednesday 12 August 2009
Bayern Munich claim they are "waiting for contact" from Chelsea as they step up their bid to sign Portugal full-back Jose Bosingwa.
The Bundesliga giants' general manager Uli Hoeness says the Blues promised to contact them after Sunday's Community Shield clash with Manchester United, which Chelsea won on penalties.
Hoeness was reported as saying in the Daily Mail: "We are still interested in Jose.
"We need a strong, experienced defender on the right side, especially if we use (Franck) Ribery in a more offensive role, as is being considered.
"We want only Bosingwa and have no interest in any other player for this position. Chelsea agreed to give us a signal after the Community Shield that they were ready to talk and we are waiting for contact from them."
Simon Calder looks at communities fighting back against the poachers
Latest in Sport
Ashes 2013/14: England’s Ashes shambles is uglier than ’06 whitewash
Sam Wallace: David Moyes is paying the price of United’s virtual abstinence from top-level transfers since 2006. Can he refire their ambition?
Arsenal 1 Everton 1 match report: Gerard Deulofeu provides late sucker punch after Mesut Ozil's opener
Gerard Deulofeu - Why Barcelona chose Everton to educate their latest prodigy
Ashes 2013-14 match report: Another woeful display sees England lose to Australia by 218 runs to go down 2-0
- 1 A forgotten episode in Russian history leaves links with the Philippines
- 2 Turning up the voice of America
- 3 The man who made Femen: New film outs Victor Svyatski as the mastermind behind the protest group and its breast-baring stunts
- 4 Mass murder in the Middle East is funded by our friends the Saudis
- 5 Japan cracks down on leaks after scandal of Fukushima nuclear power plant