Bellamy says strike claims are 'untrue'
Manchester City new boy Craig Bellamy has denied going on strike to get a move away from Upton Park.
The Wales skipper joined City last week in a £10m deal after an apparent argument with the Hammers, who would not let him join Tottenham.
It was suggested Bellamy refused to play for Gianfranco Zola to ensure he could quit the London outfit, on the basis that he had become disillusioned with life at the club.
However, Bellamy insists he remains on good terms with Zola, who he spoke to after the Hammers' FA Cup win at Hartlepool on Saturday, and never went on strike.
"I have a great relationship with Gianfranco," said Bellamy. "I've heard all this talk about me going on strike but I have absolutely no idea where it has come from.
"I cannot understand it. Maybe in the past I have done some things that I shouldn't but this one is not true."
Bellamy is expected to face one of his old clubs, Newcastle, at Eastlands tomorrow alongside fellow new arrival Nigel de Jong as City look to make a charge away from the bottom half of the table, with Bellamy thinking a Uefa Cup spot is still a possibility.
"I still think we can finish in the top six this year," said Bellamy.
"It is still an aim for us but if not it is what we should be going for next season. I have never been outside the top six in my whole career and I want that to carry on."
Latest in Sport
Pornhub: Cheeky Liverpool fan uploads Philippe Coutinho wonder-goal video to adult website
Ireland 19 England 9 player ratings: Jonathan Sexton? Devin Toner? Alex Goode? Who was the star man in Dublin?
Eden Hazard didn't like the champagne on offer in the Chelsea dressing room
Why Manchester City could turn to Liverpool manager Brendan Rodgers if Manuel Pellegrini is dismissed
Arsene Wenger on Francis Coquelin: 'You don't have all the qualities but you have to express what you're good at'
- 1 What happens to your body when you give up sugar?
- 3 Japanese island overrun with cats after population explodes
- 4 Delhi bus rapist blames dead victim for attack because 'girls are responsible for rape'
- 5 Have sex with your iPad thanks to the new sex toy no-one asked for
'Jihadi John': CAGE representative storms off Sky News accusing Kay Burley of Islamophobia
Durham Free School: 'Creationism taught at' free school facing closure
Ukip would cut billions from Scottish budget to fund English tax cuts
Nearly 100,000 of Britain's poorest children go hungry after parents' benefits are cut
End of the licence fee: BBC to back radical overhaul of how it is funded
Ukraine crisis: Top Chinese diplomat backs Putin and says West should 'abandon zero-sum mentality'