Benitez slams Liverpool hierarchy
Former manager Rafael Benitez has hit out at the Liverpool hierarchy, claiming they "understand nothing about football".
The Spaniard, who left in the summer for Inter Milan, spent his last two seasons at Anfield dealing with in-fighting and internal politics.
His relationship with American owners Tom Gicks and George Gillett was always strained throughout and he has now criticised them and other high-ranking officials for their lack of knowledge about the sport.
Asked about his relationship with Inter president Massimo Moratti he told the club's website inter.it: "It's good. He is a man who knows football.
"He might get angry when the team doesn't win and this is normal, but at least you can talk about football with him.
"In my last year at Liverpool I had (club) executives who understood nothing about football and you couldn't talk to them about football.
"You can with Moratti."
Latest in Sport
Phil Hughes injury: Cricket world reels as Australian opener fights for his life
Phil Hughes: Batsman had one weakness – it has come back to haunt him
Manchester City vs Bayern Munich comment: Frank Lampard's part in City win shows folly of letting him leave
This letter from a reader explains why women can’t play football
Manchester City vs Bayern Munich: Nasri admits City stars will be sold if they fail in Europe
- 1 Sarah Vine criticises lesbian mother Jack Monroe: 'If she was unsure about her sexuality, she should have taken greater precautions'
- 2 Black Friday 2014: Opening times for Asda, John Lewis, PC World, GAME and Argos
- 3 To help fuel their propaganda machine against the poor, our government has now decided to redefine the word 'welfare'
- 4 Jeremy Hunt: 'I took my children to A&E because I didn't want to wait for GP appointment'
- 5 Girl, 7, gets Tesco to remove 'stupid' sign suggesting superheroes are 'for boys'
Rochester by-election: Ukip gains second MP as Tory defector Mark Reckless holds seat
'Beast of Bolsover' Dennis Skinner takes Ukip MP Mark Reckless to task moments after he is sworn in
Rochester by-election: Labour MP Emily Thornberry resigns after posting white van and England flags tweet
Ukip says babies born to immigrants in the UK should be classed as migrants – which would include Nigel Farage’s own children
The young are the new poor: Sharp increase in number of under-25s living in poverty, while over-65s are better off than ever
Tamir Rice: 12-year-old boy playing with fake gun dies after being shot by Ohio police