Blues snap up Eden Hazard's brother, Thorgan
Wednesday 25 July 2012
Thorgan Hazard will join his older brother Eden at Stamford Bridge next season after Chelsea confirmed his signing from Lens.
The 19-year-old had played only 11 times for the Ligue 2 club but the Blues clearly see some potential in Hazard, who had just a year remaining on his contract at Lens, although they revealed the midfielder could be immediately loaned to another club.
"He will now join our under-21 squad, managed by Dermot Drummy, to continue his pre-season training and a loan move is being considered to continue his development," read a statement on the club's official website.
Hazard's sibling Eden, who won the Ligue 1 player of the year last season, joined the west London club last month from Lille for a reported £32m.
Latest in Sport
A tight game could be in prospect here. Northampton have been keeping things very tight of late and ...
by Gareth Purnell
18 May 2013 02:01 AM
I can’t ever watch games of football or rugby without wistfully wondering what it must be like to be...
by Martin Ayres
16 May 2013 05:10 PM
Since PSG’s exit to Barcelona in the Uefa Champions League quarter-final in April, PSG have been sur...
by Matthew Riding
15 May 2013 02:37 PM
- 1 Heading for America? Prepare for the longest US immigration queues ever
- 2 Notes from a small island: Is Sealand an independent 'micronation' or an illegal fortress?
- 3 You thought Ryanair's attendants had it bad? Wait 'til you hear about their pilots
- 4 'Swivel-gate': David Cameron goes to war with the press over 'swivel-eyed loons' slur
- 5 It’s official: thanks to Stephen Hawking's Israel boycott, anti-Semitism is no more
BMF is the UK’s biggest and best loved outdoor fitness classes
Find out what The Independent's resident travel expert has to say about one of the most beautiful small cities in the world
Win anything from gadgets to five-star holidays on our competitions and offers page.