Bolton rule out Veloso move
Thursday 30 July 2009
Bolton manager Gary Megson has ruled out making a new bid for Sporting Lisbon midfielder Miguel Veloso.
The Wanderers boss tried to sign the 23-year-old Portugal international in January but was put off by a £17m valuation.
Despite reports continuing to link Veloso with a move to the Reebok Megson said he no longer had an interest as the player remained out of their price range.
"We were trying to get Veloso done in January but we're not capable of doing the kind of deal they are talking about, we're just not in that league," he told the Bolton News.
Latest in Sport
Steven Gerrard tribute match: March 29 pencilled in for star studded game involving Jamie Carragher
Pornhub: Cheeky Liverpool fan uploads Philippe Coutinho wonder-goal video to adult website
Diego Costa keeps coin thrown at him during Capital One Cup final
Lukas Podolski corner: Has the Arsenal forward taken the worst corner of all time?
Ireland 19 England 9 player ratings: Jonathan Sexton? Devin Toner? Alex Goode? Who was the star man in Dublin?
- 1 This restaurant has misunderstood the concept of 'cheese and biscuits'
- 2 Raif Badawi, the Saudi Arabian blogger sentenced to 1,000 lashes, may now face death penalty
- 3 Delhi bus rapist blames dead victim for attack because 'girls are responsible for rape'
- 4 PornHub turns masturbation into energy in bid to save the planet
- 5 Have sex with your iPad thanks to the new sex toy no-one asked for
New theory could prove how life began and disprove God
This is what it's like to be dead, according to a guy who died for a bit
End of the licence fee: BBC to back radical overhaul of how it is funded
'Jihadi John': CAGE representative storms off Sky News accusing Kay Burley of Islamophobia
Ukip would cut billions from Scottish budget to fund English tax cuts
Nearly 100,000 of Britain's poorest children go hungry after parents' benefits are cut