Bordeaux dismiss Gourcuff link to Arsenal
Friday 04 June 2010
Bordeaux president Jean-Louis Tiraud insists he has not received any offers for Yoann Gourcuff following reports linking the midfielder with Arsenal.
The 23-year-old, who will represent France in the World Cup starting next Friday, has been mooted as a possible replacement for Cesc Fabregas should the Spaniard return to Barcelona.
However, Tiraud is adamant there has been no approach for the former AC Milan player and refused to be drawn further.
He told a press conference reported in L'Equipe: "I'm not going to comment on anything from the English newspapers.
"Today, I have received no offer for Gourcuff or anybody else for that matter. We know what the English tabloids are like...
"Fabregas was going to Barcelona, everything was done, and I just saw [Arsenal boss Arsene] Wenger say that Fabregas will stay in London. I will not be drawn into this game."
Latest in Sport
- 1 Tourist films plane's descent just metres above packed Caribbean beach
- 2 Kate Moss: Previously unpublished nude photo revealed by Mert and Marcus
- 4 World Book Day: Boy 'excluded' from school after dressing up as Fifty Shades' Christian Grey
- 5 Bad Jews poster 'censored' on London Tube
Nearly 100,000 of Britain's poorest children go hungry after parents' benefits are cut
Durham Free School: 'Creationism taught at' free school facing closure
End of the licence fee: BBC to back radical overhaul of how it is funded
Elif Shafak: Turkish author warns against rise of British nationalism
Most people think legal tax avoidance is just as wrong as illegal tax evasion, poll suggests
Nigel Farage promises Ukip will not 'stigmatise' would-be migrants – and says he wants 'everyone to speak the same language'