Bruce left with just youth-team striker
Wednesday 27 April 2011
Steve Bruce says both his front-line strikers Asamoah Gyan and Danny Welbeck are injured.
"It's unlikely they'll play again this season," Bruce said. "We're training with just 13 fit players now."
Both players were injured on Saturday against Wigan, while fellow striker Fraizer Campbell was recently ruled out for a year. The 18-year-old forward Ryan Noble is now the club's only recognised fit striker.
"Ryan hasn't played a lot of football," added Bruce, "and he's got a youth team game tomorrow."
X Factor judge will appear in court later this month
The Google future, including microphones in every ceiling and data sent directly to your brain
Latest in Sport
Comment: David Moyes paying the price of Manchester United's virtual abstinence from top-level transfers since 2006. Can he refire their ambition?
Transfer news: Manchester United will not be forced into panic buys, says David Moyes
Gerard Deulofeu - Why Barcelona chose Everton to educate their latest prodigy
Ashes 2013-14 match report: Alastair Cook future in jeopardy after another woeful display sees England lose to Australia by 218 runs to go down 2-0
Manchester United player ratings: The best (and worst) performers for David Moyes during the season so far
- 1 Gurdwaras-turned-food banks: Sikh temples are catering for rise in Britain’s hungry
- 2 Council bans use of word ‘Commie’ – but ‘fascist’ and ‘Nazi’ are fine
- 3 The man who made Femen: New film outs Victor Svyatski as the mastermind behind the protest group and its breast-baring stunts
- 4 The poorest pay the price for austerity: Workers face biggest fall in living standards since Victorian era
- 5 'I'm experiencing austerity as well', says Princess Michael of Kent