Carlos Tevez to join Manchester City parade
Carlos Tevez was expected to be on Manchester City's FA Cup final victory parade this afternoon.
It had been thought Tevez would be flying back to Argentina after attending the club's player-of-the-year awards dinner last night.
However, it is now understood Tevez was always intending to remain in the UK to play a full part in the celebrations at the end of City's 35-year trophy drought.
"It was always Carlos' intention to be at the event this evening just as he wished to be there last night at the end of an excellent season," said a source close to the player.
Tevez's future remains shrouded in doubt, even though manager Roberto Mancini has twice in the past week stated his belief the South American will remain at Eastlands.
The former West Ham star finished the campaign as joint Golden Boot winner with Dimitar Berbatov.
Latest in Sport
- 1 If you weren't afraid of flying before last week... you probably are now
- 2 Israel-Gaza conflict: The secret report that helps Israelis to hide facts
- 3 Students offered grants if they tweet pro-Israeli propaganda
- 4 Lauren Goodger calls for tougher laws on revenge porn after sex tape leaks online
- 5 Iraq crisis: End 'very near' for Christianity after Isis takeover, says Bishop
Israel-Gaza conflict: The secret report that helps Israelis to hide facts
A day in the life of Vladimir Putin: The dictator in his labyrinth
Opponents of Israel's military operation in Gaza are the real enemies of Middle Eastern peace
Arizona execution lasts two hours as killer Joseph Wood left 'snorting and gasping' for air
Were 'Poor Doors' added to mixed developments so wealthy residents don't have to go in alongside social housing tenants?
Malaysia Airlines MH17 crash: Massive rise in sale of British arms to Russia