'Cheer team if not Odemwingie,' says West Brom manager
Thursday 21 February 2013
Steve Clarke has urged West Bromwich Albion supporters not to let their feelings towards striker Peter Odemwingie affect their backing for the team in Saturday's home game with Sunderland.
Clarke confirmed Odemwingie is part of his plans to face Sunderland after his Twitter rants against the club and the bitter on-off transfer saga with Queen's Park Rangers last month. The head coach said: "If Peter scores a hat-trick and they choose not to celebrate Peter's goals, they should celebrate the fact that the team have scored."
Latest in Sport
World Cup 2014 draw: Daunting draw but England have nothing to lose against Uruguay, Italy and Costa Rica
World Cup 2014 draw: Greg Dyke makes 'cut throat' gesture after England are drawn in 'Group of Death'
Ashes 2013-14: Mitchell Johnson is proving England are spent force
World Cup draw 2014: England drawn with holders Spain in official Group Stage rehearsal
Arsenal vs Everton: Let loan players take on their parent clubs, says Arsène Wenger
- 1 Cameron's freebie to apartheid South Africa
- 2 Is this the scariest advert ever? Japanese tyre commercial comes with its own disclaimer and health warning
- 3 Sherlock series 3: Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman provide teasers for the biggest comeback in British television
- 4 A forgotten episode in Russian history leaves links with the Philippines
- 5 People will try to reduce Mandela to a lilting reggae tune about ‘love’. They will fail