Chelsea 4 Cardiff 1: Jose Mourinho an instant Twitter hit after picture emerges of him sitting with Chelsea fans
Blues boss was sent to the stands by referee Anthony Taylor where Chelsea supporter Sean Buxton tweeted a picture of the Portuguese
Saturday 19 October 2013
A stunned Chelsea fan ended up sitting next to Jose Mourinho after the 'Special One' was sent to the stands during the 4-1 win over Cardiff.
Mourinho was ordered from the technical area by referee Anthony Taylor with 20 minutes of the match at Stamford Bridge remaining and clambered over the dugout and into a spare seat in the area behind, next to Blues fan Sean Buxton.
He later tweeted a picture of himself sat next to the Portuguese, saying: "OMG morinho is sitting next to me wtf!!!!!" before adding: "He's taking the p*** with the leg room".
The picture had been retweeted over 7,000 times within half an hour of the game ending.
The crowd chanted Mourinho's name after his sending-off before expanding the song to "Jose Mourinho, he sits where he wants".
Latest in Sport
Why does Manuel Pellegrini keep picking Martin Demichelis for Manchester City?
England 29 Wales 18 player ratings: Who was the star man at Twickenham?
David Meyler, Samuel Eto'o and the best, most controversial and bizarre goal celebrations
Bayern Munich v Arsenal: 10 reasons for Arsenal to be optimistic of Champions League progress
Bayern Munich v Arsenal: Arsene Wenger pleads for 'fair chance' from referee as Arsenal look to turn around Champions League deficit
- 1 Pakistan vs Paul Smith: Sandal-wearers bemused by famed British designer's attempts to sell traditional Peshawari chappal-style shoes for the distinctly untraditional sum of £300
- 2 Family forced to flee home after discovering 'terrifying' nest of spiders in bananas
- 3 First Kiss: Filmmaker gets 20 strangers to make out on YouTube with awkward results
- 4 Grace Dent: Who cares if she spells it Barraco Barner? Gemma Worrall is more employable than some bookish arts graduate
- 5 Bob Crow death: 'Admired by his members, feared by employers' - Tributes pour in for RMT union leader and 'working class hero' Bob Crow
Britain's top vet sparks controversy with call for ban on slashing animals' throats in 'ritual' slaughters for halal and kosher meat products
Poor 'live like animals' says Boris's privately educated sister after going on 'poverty safari'
Exclusive: Impact of immigrants on British workers ‘negligible’
Vince Cable: Teachers 'know absolutely nothing' about the world of work
Ukraine crisis: Russia pledges to 'retaliate against sanctions' as Ukrainian president says Crimea vote will not be recognised
The quiet diplomat: Catherine Ashton - recognised and admired in all the world’s troubled countries, yet ridiculed at home