Chelsea complete deal for Netherlands midfielder Marco van Ginkel
The fee is understood to be in the region of £8m
Friday 05 July 2013
Chelsea have completed the signing of Netherlands midfielder Marco van Ginkel, the club have announced.
The 20-year-old moves from Eredivisie side Vitesse Arnhem for an undisclosed fee and has penned a five-year deal at Stamford Bridge.
Van Ginkel came through the youth system at Vitesse and made his international debut as a substitute in a goalless draw against Germany in November.
Latest in Sport
- 1 Is your name now 'banned' in Saudi Arabia?
- 2 Gender-specific books demean all our children. So the Independent on Sunday will no longer review anything marketed to exclude either sex
- 3 Missing Malaysia Airlines Flight MH370 Q&A by Simon Calder: How far could it have travelled? Who was responsible and what would their plans be? And how can a plane just vanish?
- 4 California man Christopher Viatafa surrenders to police after googling own name and discovering himself listed as ‘most wanted’
- 5 'Missing Malaysia Airlines Flight MH370 plane found in Bermuda Triangle!' Viral Facebook links are profiting hackers
Katie Hopkins continues campaign to become Britain's most hated talking head with poorly timed Bob Crow tweet
Ukip and Nigel Farage on course for remarkable victory in European elections
No EU referendum under Labour: Ed Miliband to reveal that vote on membership is ‘unlikely’ in next Parliament if party wins power
Tony Benn was entirely ineffectual - and usually wrong
The rise of Ukip: Study warns Labour that Eurosceptic party's electoral base now 'more working class than any of the main parties'
Europeans have ‘got whiter’ due to natural selection in past 5,000 years, scientists say