Chelsea interested in Brazil youngster Piazon
Monday 16 November 2009
Chelsea are stepping up their interest in Brazilian wonderkid Lucas Piazon it was reported today.
Carlo Ancelotti sent his scouts to South America over the weekend to watch the Sao Paulo youngster in action for the Brazilian under-15 side.
The attacking midfielder, who has been compared to Kaka in his style, scored twice as Brazil beat Bolivia 4-0.
It has been suggested that talks are already underway to secure Piazon's switch to Stamford Bridge, although there is interest from Manchester United and Arsenal.
With a Fifa transfer ban hanging over Chelsea's head, the Blues are eager to conclude any transfer business in January, for which they have been given a reprieve while an appeal is heard.
Latest in Sport
Ireland v England Six Nations match preview: What time does it start and where can I watch it?
Chelsea vs Tottenham combined XI: Hugo Lloris or Thibaut Courtois? Willian or Christian Eriksen? Who makes the final cut?
Manchester United vs Sunderland match report: Wayne Rooney scores twice but referee Roger East sends off Wes Brown instead of John O'Shea
Scotland vs Italy match report: Italians stun Murrayfield as Scots clinch defeat from the jaws of victory
AP McCoy on Arsenal: 'If I was performing that bad I'd have retired a long time ago'
- 1 Michelle Rodriguez: Fast & Furious actor apologises after telling 'minorities' to stop taking on 'white' roles
- 2 The black and blue dress: Makers considering a white and gold version
- 3 This is what it's like to be dead, according to a guy who died for a bit
- 4 PornHub turns masturbation into energy in bid to save the planet
- 5 The remarkable archaeological underwater discovery that could open up a new chapter in the study of European and British prehistory
New theory could prove how life began and disprove God
This is what it's like to be dead, according to a guy who died for a bit
'Cash for access' scandal: Sir Malcolm Rifkind says 'unrealistic' for MPs to live on £67,000 salary
'Jihadi John': CAGE representative storms off Sky News accusing Kay Burley of Islamophobia
Ukip would cut billions from Scottish budget to fund English tax cuts
Russia's roadmap for annexing eastern Ukraine 'leaked from Vladimir Putin's office'