Chelsea midfielder Frank Lampard ruled out for two weeks with calf injury
Friday 26 October 2012
Frank Lampard will miss at least two weeks with the calf injury he picked up in the midweek Champions League defeat to Shakhtar Donetsk.
The 34-year-old midfielder had to be substituted midway through the first half as the European champions lost 2-1 to the Ukrainian side.
Chelsea boss Roberto Di Matteo today confirmed that Lampard would be out for a couple of weeks, meaning he will initially miss the back-to-back games against Manchester United including Sunday's Barclays Premier League clash at Stamford Bridge.
sportLiverpool 5 Norwich City 1: Uruguayan striker has now scored 11 league goals against the club
arts + entsOlivier-nominated actor and singer is set to star in Lloyd Webber's musical about the Profumo affair
filmWith more than 70 per cent of early films lost, archivists are scouring the world to preserve the precious examples that remain
sportUnder-10s football coach sacked for telling parents he was 'only interested in winning'
techA piece of new hi-tech kit aims to get us scribbling again
life + styleClarissa Baldwin is the brains behind the slogan 'A Dog is for Life not just for Christmas'
Latest in Sport
Arsenal 2 Hull City 0 match report: Nicklas Bendtner back in the goals as superb Arsenal march on at the top
Liverpool 5 Norwich City 1 match report: Sublime Luis Suarez tears Norwich apart once again
World Cup 2014 draw: England may suffer as Fifa moves goalposts
David Moyes admits Manchester United face tough task to retain their title
Manchester United 0 Everton 1 match report: David Moyes misery as Roberto Martinez pulls off the elusive victory
- 1 The hardwired difference between male and female brains could explain why men are 'better at map reading'
- 2 Is this the scariest advert ever? Japanese tyre commercial comes with its own disclaimer and health warning
- 3 A forgotten episode in Russian history leaves links with the Philippines
- 4 Syrian rebels consider joining forces with regime troops to fight al-Qa’ida
- 5 ‘Put it in my mouth’: Viewers outraged by apparent reference to oral sex in VIP e-cig advert